Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
Learn a few simple words and phrases in the local language. Even a small effort goes a long way with locals!
Ollie - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- See a jaguar in the wild. Despite various trips to the Amazon and Pantanal, I am yet to catch a glimpse of one
- Ride with gauchos in Patagonia
- Visit the Arctic and hopefully see a polar bear
- Snorkel with whale-sharks (anywhere really but the Sea of Cortez in Mexico would be my first choice)
- Drive a Porsche over the Alps
- Driving across the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia
- Having a silverback Mountain Gorilla step on my toe in Uganda as he walked past me
- Having penguins dart past my shoulder whilst being chased by sea lions in the Galapagos
- Flying at less than 100 feet over the sand dunes of the Skeleton Coast in Namibia
- My own Mexican wedding in Guadalajara - complete with Mariachi and Margaritas!
Toughest Travel Moment
- Having Molotov cocktails thrown at our bus in Puno, Peru during an anti-government protest
Weirdest Travel Moment
- Fishing for piranhas in the Pantanal with a local who insisted we stuff our pockets with red meat and wade, waist-deep into the water to catch the fish.
Explore my blog posts
Very soon after my father retired from a 30+ year career as a lawyer in New York, he embarked on a cross country bike trip from San Francisco to New York. The journey was over three thousand miles from start to finish and it took him just under three months. This was, to him, the best way to…
They say all roads lead to Rome, but when it comes to music, they take a detour through America's Deep South. The land of big bands, the blues, jazz, country, bluegrass, gospel choirs and more is a fascinating melting pot of cultures, history and musical milestones, all combinable in one…
It was with some trepidation that I booked my first return to Cuba since my backpacking days of 1994 - I'd spent over a month there and it still ranks in the top five of the best ever holidays. Just how much would this once unique nation have changed and how would the experience differ from…
They always say that you shouldn't meet your idols. In travel terms, Antarctica has been that idol for me; ever-present at the top of my bucket list. The question was - could it live up to my extremely high expectations?
I've just returned from an epic road trip through the USA's Deep South, a place of charming cities, sweeping mountains and musical marvels. Rather than try and put it into words, the best way to describe this region is actually in numbers…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.