Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
I’m half Danish and love winter in Copenhagen for the city's welcoming sense of hygge - the nearest translation would be cosiness.
Nick - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Dive with a whale shark
- Heli-ski the Harris Mountains in New Zealand
- Explore the Aleutian Islands by seaplane
- See wild dog working their magic in East Africa
- Beat my wife in a ski race
- But above all I'd like to do as many family holidays with my children as I can; or at least until they can't face it any more
- My wife and I went to the Fitzroy National Park in southern Chile and walked for five days without seeing another soul. Lying at the base of the 3,000m, sheer granite face of Cerro Torre with the Patagonian winds lifting our tent off the ground, was about as close to the power of nature as I have ever been.
- My favourite places (it's hard to pin down just one) would have to be at the start of the Cresta Run (reserves.recipients.superhero - rather fitting, I think), the place I've been going on holiday to since I was seven - Corfu (curious.aprons.unifier) and where I got married, in Portofino (awoken.giggle.astronomer).
Toughest Travel Moment
- I crossed the border into Peru a few days before the leader of the Shining Path terrorist group was caught. Within 100 metres of the border, we were pulled over by a group of gun-touting bandidos, bandanas across their faces. Coming out of that experience with all vital organs intact despite being relieved of most of our possessions turned one of my worst moments into one of the best.
Weirdest Travel Moment
- Celebrating a friend's 30th birthday in black tie on the top of a mountain in Jordan. We lugged duck à l'orange, claret and tablecloths up the sheer sandstone face of Jebel Rum.
Explore my blog posts
As CEO of Original Travel I wanted to give our existing and potential clients some peace of mind in these unsettled times.
Hawaii is a land of beautiful beaches, looming volcanoes, lush rainforest and chic boutique hotels. So if geography was no barrier, this is how I'd spend a day in the marvellous place that is Hawaii...
The first weekend of June will see London's most fashionable summer garden party: Polo in the Park, which will almost guarantee you catch the polo bug. So, to coincide with this we, as your travel guardian angels, have compiled our favourite destinations around the world to get your next…
Quickly becoming the next big location that the super-rich are talking about, Montenegro is right at the top of Original Travel's must visit destinations for 2015 with new hotels cropping up left, right and centre. At long last the beautiful country of Montenegro (which has been rather…
There are so many things to consider throughout the holiday booking process (destination, time of year, hotel, the list is endless), but one thing you might not have thought about is exchange rate fluctuation. It may seem like a dry topic but you could save yourself a small fortune by…
The third in a series of blogs where we get the inside track on safaris from the perspective of the guides on the ground. Ross Couper from Singita safari lodges shares his experiences in South Africa's Kruger National Park and Sabi Sands.
After having my reservations about the place - I was pleasantly impressed with what Dubai has to offer.
A simple Oreo cupcake recipe with a twist that Original Travels' Pip picked up in New York City!
From sophisticated Scandinavian design hotels floating in the sea, to barefoot luxury beach-side villas on laidback islands, we know the world's finest luxury waterside holidays...
For the technophobe or technophile, smartphone apps can make the complicated easier, and the simple more fun. There is a vast and ever increasing number of travel related apps available today, so take our travel advice and read our favourite top ten travel apps specifically for iPhone.
How do you make your honeymoon the trip of a lifetime? The answer could be simpler than you first thought. Original Travel create luxury tailor-made holidays and now offer a Honeymoon Gift List service. Once you've discussed your travel ideas and requirements with one of our travel…
When Original Travel heard about the new luxury San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge in the Dolomites, founder Al made a beeline for it - and, in the name of research, discovered that it was the gem the region had been waiting for.
Known for its vast wilderness, Africa has some truly breathtaking views. And what better way to enjoy than from a relaxing bath?! Here are our luxury holidays in Africa with a view from the tub...
The mere mention of Mauritius conjures up images of beautiful beaches punctuated with palm trees and gorgeous clear sea water. Nice, but if you're looking for something a little different to do on holiday, check out the following ideas for alternative ways to while away the time in Mauritius...
What's the most unusual place you have ever woken up? A bathtub after a party? On the deck of a gulet bopping around in the Aegean off Turkey? In an African tent with elephants hoovering berries off the canopy roof? Well, the other morning I woke up in a UFO. Then I put on at least ten…
The secret's out.
Great country, great walks.
Tailor made holidays to Vancouver, Canada, are always a good call: the region boasts some of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever experience, and has more to offer than meets the eye...
Letting go of the summer is never easy. While we're still left guessing whether or not an Indian Summer will make an appearance, there's a sure-fire way to guarantee a few more outings for strappy sandals and bright maxi dresses: a luxury holiday in Europe.
Ski resorts plus children under the age of two don't mix. You'd be forgiven for thinking that this is in fact law, given the multitude of mountain activities that bar children under the age of two. But avoid the main resorts and you'll find there's plenty to amuse both adults and infants...
What exactly is the Cresta Run? An adrenaline-charged 80mph thrill, with your face just inches above the ice, explains OT founder and ski fanatic Nick. For a once in a lifetime holiday experience, head to Switzerland for the adventure to beat all adventures...
I still love the Ionian Islands with the same passion from when I was 10...
French Polynesia comprises of 120 islands covering 1.7 million square miles. I've visited over 30 hotels there and it's fair to say that it's a bit of a minefield to get right. This is French Polynesia holidays: uncovered...
High rainfalls have led to a unique opportunity: due to record floods in Botswana in 2010 and early 2011, you can now canoe down the Selinda Spillway on Okavango Delta trips for the first time in a generation. Read on for more on this once in a lifetime travel opportunity...
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Gustav van Damme
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.