Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Kate B - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Watch grizzlies in British Columbia as they catch salmon mid-air "running" up river to spawn
- See the three beautiful madrasahs of The Registan in Samarkand - a dream since an Islamic architecture class in university.
- Visit the Amazon rainforest - whether that be in Ecuador, Peru or Brazil
- Walk the picturesque cobbled streets of Cartagena and stopping for some Colombian coffee in a leafy plaza
- See Yemen - starting in the beautiful Arabian city of Sanaa and then fly to Socotra, an island off the coast where a third of the plant life is found nowhere else on the planet.
- Take an Amtrak train across USA... the new twist on the quintessential American Roadtrip
- Sip a caipirinha on one of the beautiful palm-fringed beaches of Trancoso in Brazil
- Learn to surf in Mexico - my brother-in-law has been urging me to do this since I was 16!
- Watching summer storms in New England breaking over Long Island Sound from the beach
- Flying in on the overnight flight from London to Istanbul and driving over the Galata Bridge at sunrise; the light coming up over of the Old City mosques, Topkapi Palace and Galata tower give the impression you've gone back to the city's Golden Age
- Seeing the Sahara Desert for the first time, from the Siwa Oasis in Egypt - the unending stretches of sand make you feel so tiny
- Star gazing in the Atacama Desert, some of the clearest skies in the southern hemisphere and spotting th Magellanic clouds, with my best friend - tucked up on a under blankets under a blanket of stars
- Riding a feisty mare along the shore at low tide on the serene island of Chiloe, on the Pacific coast of Chile
Toughest Travel Moment
- On my first solo trip at 17, a Eurail journey starting in Rome, I enthusiastically jumped on my EasyJet flight only to find I'd left my wallet behind at home! I had to beg, borrow… and call my parents to wire me enough money to survive until my wallet arrived by post two days later. That afternoon, it was pickpocketed out of my bag at Rome Termini train station just before I got on the overnight train to Vienna and once again, I found myself without a penny to my name. It was only when my camera and phone were stolen from my shared hostel room in Prague that I decided to call it quits and head home. Luckily, it didn't put me off solo travel and it's all been uphill from there…!!!
Weirdest Travel Moment
- Unintentionally finding myself a guest of honour at a wedding of a man and woman never met in Gujarat, India. Bedecked a borrowed sari and a hundred sparkling bracelets, covered from hand to foot in henna, included in all the colourful ceremonies, and strategically placed in photos as the token blonde!
Explore my blog posts
Very soon after my father retired from a 30+ year career as a lawyer in New York, he embarked on a cross country bike trip from San Francisco to New York. The journey was over three thousand miles from start to finish and it took him just under three months. This was, to him, the best way to…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Gustav van Damme
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.