Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
Avoid the crowds that congregate at Angkor Wat at sunrise, and instead head to the ruins of Preah Khan which is almost deserted and incredibly atmospheric at first light.
Jacqui - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- Return to New Zealand in summer time so that I can tackle the Tongariro Crossing and spend a few days kayaking and camping in Abel Tasman
- Spend a week diving in Raja Ampat
- Learn the Argentine Tango in Buenos Aires
- Explore the Galapagos Islands, and snorkel with sea lions
- Staying with the Iban Tribe in their traditional wooden Longhouse in Malaysian Borneo. The food, dancing, and rice wine (!) made for a very memorable evening
- Riding pillion on a vespa through the city streets of Ho Chi Minh, visiting local restaurants and bars, and sampling some delicacies
- Sky diving over Lake Wanaka in New Zealand, on a crisp winter morning!
- My favourite place on the planet is Pink Beach in Komodo National Park, Indonesia. Last time I was there I had been sailing aboard Tiger Blue and the crew brought across bean bags, drinks and a guitar for a good old fashioned beach party
Toughest Travel Moment
- Sampling the Vietnamese delicacy of Duck Embryo from a lovely street vendor in Hanoi - and pretending to enjoy it so as not to offend her
Weirdest Travel Moment
- The near final leg of a 24 hour overland journey from Lombok to the Komodo Islands, using public transport. Arriving in the town of Bima in Sumbawa, we were transferred to a smaller 'bus' for the journey on to the ferry port. Our bus was missing half a windscreen - the driver's side - and so he wore a motorbike helmet for the drive. Needless to say, I avoided that side of the bus.
Explore my blog posts
Your honeymoon is the most memorable trip of your lifetime, a holiday you'll reminisce on in years to come with fondness and happy memories. So understandably you'll want to pick the perfect destination. But in a world with so many beautiful countries, which one to choose? We've searched far…
The kids are on school holidays, Honeymooners are departing the UK shores in their droves and the rest of us are keen for an escape should the British summer not quite go to plan weather-wise…
We're a (healthily) competitive lot here at Original Travel and all this recent chat about the new hosts of The Great British Bake Off got us thinking. Why just Britain? And why just baking? Cue the drawing of continental battle lines and each team putting forward their region's finest…
Boasting immaculate beaches, bath-warm tropical seas, ultra-luxurious hotels, the least rainfall of any Caribbean island nation and a lobster season that lasts from August to April, the Turks and Caicos Islands should definitely be at the top of the Caribbean holiday hit list.
Question: what do the following have in common? Gin & tonic, Rodney & Del Boy, Andy Murray & Wimbledon (and while we're on the subject, strawberries & cream), bacon & eggs and finally, a nice strong wind & Donald Trump's hair. Yes, you got it; they're all cool combos,…
Those lovely folks at the United Nations have again presented us all with the World Happiness Index, letting us know where we should live to constantly be feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. The good news for us at Original Travel, is that the top five are all spots that we know inside out,…
The perfect family holiday needs to get the balance just right; that precious time to spend together away from the demands of daily life and work, coupled with a little R&R for the parents, safe in the knowledge that their little ones are well cared for, and having buckets of fun.…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Gustav van Damme
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.