Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
Go to the Himalayas in India to enjoy the stunning scenery, a different pace of life and to meet very special people.
Frances - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Go to Japan to learn how to make sushi. Also plan to eat it.
- Explore Mongolia
- See as many different animals as humanly possible - I want to see them all!
- Visit Bhutan as it is supposedly the happiest place on earth.
- Living within a Lepcha community for three months - I really enjoyed not having any electricity and it was extremely refreshing not being contactable
- Meeting the Dali Lama in McLeod Ganj
- Seeing giant tortoises in the Galapagos
- Attempting to cross roads in Hanoi - terrifying but at the same time amusing
- Spotting elephants on the side of the road while being driven to my hotel in Sri Lanka
Toughest Travel Moment
- Travelling in a leg cast while in Vietnam, trying to get into a kayak in Halong Bay was a definite challenge.
Weirdest Travel Moment
- When I was living in a tribal community in India, I joined in with several chicken killing parties - when these took place school was cancelled and the day was spent hacking a chicken and then cooking all parts of it while drinking chee (millet beer)!
Explore my blog posts
Cooking classes, street food tours and lovely local restaurants - Sri Lanka is one of the best travel destinations for food lovers. Prime for a tasting tour, each region boasts its own unique style of cuisine and flavour combinations making it ideal for anyone who fancies a cross-country…
On my recent trip to Japan, I had the opportunity to experience five different ryokans - traditional Japanese inns - and I can highly recommend the experience. It is completely different to staying in a hotel and you can get a great feel for the original style of Japanese home life.
Myanmar may have been in the news for all the wrong reasons in recent times but looking beyond politics, this small-yet-mighty country has so much to offer. Not to mention that boycotting all travel to a country that relies so heavily on tourism would be disastrous for the vast majority of…
As a real foodie I was extremely excited at the opportunity of travelling to Sri Lanka on my recent research trip to sample first hand some of their culinary delights such as hoppers and curries, and I was not disappointed. Having spent the last fortnight in Sri Lanka I have realised that it…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Gustav van Damme
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.