It's week six of the Original Travel quiz. That means that you've already got five weeks of travel trivia training behind you and you're well on your way to becoming the next pub quiz champion when your favourite brewery throws open their doors once again. This week we're not going easy on you and the team at OT have been working hard to come up with more devilishly difficult questions to test even the most seasoned of travellers. Up for the challenge? Read on...
- In which country do Arapaima live?
- Dodoma is the capital city of which African country?
- This is the national flag of which country?
4. What is the currency of Russia?
5. Which airport is BJS the code for, and which city does it serve?
6. Oktoberfest originates from which country (bonus point for what the festival celebrates)?
7. Where in the world is the place in this image? (one point each for the place and the country)
8. What is the official language of Pakistan?
9. How many hours behind GMT is Brazil?
10. 'I Held' is an anagram of which Indian city?
11. Where would you find the tallest trees in the world?
12. Which place do these images represent?
13. In which US state was the film Into The Wild set?
14. Where does the dish 'nasi lemak' come from?
15. And finally a question from Denis, our Concierge in Australia. Which Australian territory has the longest coastline?
a) Tasmania, b) Queensland, c) Western Australia
- Guyana. Theese huge fish (the world's largest scaled freshwater fish) are found mostly in the southwestern part of the country.
- Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing.
- Germany. Oktoberfest is a beer-drinking festival which takes place in October every year.
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Cape Town.
- Three hours.
- California. Redwoods, the world's largest trees, can easily grow to heights of 300ft.
- Alaska. Into the Wild tells the true story of a young American man who, in the early 90s, set off into the wilderness on a journey of self-discovery.
- Nasi lemak, the national dish of Malaysia, is a savoury coconut milk rice which is served with eggs, sauces and fried chicken or fish.
- Western Australia.
Scores on the Doors
0 - 4: Errrr... What were you actually doing in geography lessons? Maybe listen in on the children's home schooling next time.
5 - 9: You need to get out more. When legally permissible, of course.
10 - 14: Better, but you won't be winning any pub quizzes - virtual or otherwise - with a score like that.
15 - 17: Wow. Impressive. Fancy a job?
18: Your underwear appears to be on fire.